WELCOME!

WELCOME TO AVERAGE SIM'S BLOG. Posts for simmers by a simmer. Enjoy my reviews, pictures and randomness.

Sunday 24 November 2013

Sims 3 Store Set Review: Mother Russia


The phrase "Mother Russia" became popular after the 2nd World War as an effort to restore Russia's pride, unity and patriotism. It was implemented to create positive feelings. Does this store set also create positive feelings? Is it worth it to spend 1600 (sale price) simpoints on a few roof decor and Create-A-Sim (CAS) items ? This review will answer these questions. 
OVERALL RATING: 2.5/5


While the set has some beautiful items, it fails to impress for the price of 1600 simpoints (almost as much as an entire venue!) The theme may not be for everybody. I don't regret buying the items because I had fun making a Russian-castle-type-house and the items remind me of Christmas which is nice. The problem is that I don't see myself using the roof decor items again. I can easily use the CAS items for everyday gameplay but the roof decor is too set in the Russian theme and doesn't fit into normal Sims 3 gameplay. Although that is debatable because Sims 3 gameplay is never "normal". 

BUY OBJECTS: These include roof decor objects only. No Russian themed furniture or anything which hints that there may be another Mother Russia set including furnishings soon. 


BUILD OBJECTS: Windows, a door, fencing and a gate. All of which are well detailed and beautiful. I especially liked the gate and the fencing. 


  
CAS ITEMS: I was very happy with the clothes. Most of them can be used as outerwear and I've been wanting more outerwear.  The best item for me is the Russian hat (The ushanka) 



















BUILDING A RUSSIAN HOUSE: The best part of getting this set was making a Russian home with Christmas colours and seeing how it looks in the snow. The result is beautiful but its true beauty is only seen when it is snowing. I don't recommend this set to anyone without the Seasons expansion due to this. 





This set would have a full 5/5 rating if it included more items. The items it included were of an extremely high quality its a pity there are so little of them. Overall the set was a wonderful idea so props to the store team! 

2 comments:

Popular Posts