WELCOME!

WELCOME TO AVERAGE SIM'S BLOG. Posts for simmers by a simmer. Enjoy my reviews, pictures and randomness.

Sunday 27 April 2014

Store Review in 5: Deliciously Indulgent Bakery

A bakery. It has got to be the most requested store item ever. Simmers (including me) have been BEGGING for this since, practically, the beginning of the Sims 3 series. And as the release of Sims 4 gets closer, we FINALLY get the Deliciously Indulgent Bakery which includes the Baker's Station AND the Baker's Bazaar Collection so your sims can sell the goods they make. I was super excited for this store content and really hoped it would not disappoint! Here's a quick review, in 5 points, on my thoughts about the venue, content and amazing desserts!






1. The Actual Bakery is, once again, a beautifully designed venue. The bakery includes a few rooms which constitute the actual bakery and upstairs which has a few kitchens for your sims to bake in and an office or two for no good reason. I really liked the look of the venue. It provides an easy platform for lazy people like me who just don't feel like building a bakery from scratch.







2. The Premium Content includes the Baker's Station and the Baker's Bazaar Collection . Your sim uses the Baker's Station as a normal oven. There are new animations for certain baked goods such as icing a cake, which I found to be really adorable. The Baker's Bazaar Collection includes a few shelves, a display and a register for your sim to really start selling their baked goods. THE MOST ANNOYING THING is having to go to buy mode to move your sim's baked goods into the display case. I believe this is a bug but it needs sorting out. It took so long for me to figure it out. I love the Baker's Station and I use it in normal game play as well.

to bake anything simply click on the baker's station and see which recipes are available for your sim to make. 




icing a cake! Finally a new birthday cake!


Even though the premium content is relatively good (ignoring the bug), I still think the business themed premium content included so far in the Sims 3 (Business as Usual Bistro, It's Business Time Collection and now the Baker's Bazaar Collection) doesn't "flow" if you know what I mean. There are always a few bugs or problems and it's not very simple to start up a business and get your sim to make a profit. The Sims 2 Open for Business Expansion was better in this respect and I still wish all this business related stuff would have rather come in the form of an expansion pack instead of separate store sets.

3. And now for the really delicious sounding sweet treats your sim can make.... 

I never expected there to be so many recipes! 38 (I think) in total if you have the additional store and expansion pack content required for some of the recipes. There are 14 new recipes that just require the base game. The different types of baked goods your sim can make include:

Cobblers!


Pies! 


Breads! 


Cookies! 



Cinnamon Rolls! 


Cupcakes!  


Cakes! 


The food makes me so hungry. Food is one of the best parts of the Sims 3 series and I tend to love the food-related content  more than the other content. The recipes are a wide range but I still felt some things missing such as more cakes, brownies and they really could have added gingerbread men! But I'm pretty satisfied with the recipes they have included.

4. This Cookie Jar... is so cool that it deserved a point of its own. It's just a decor item but it's so cool.


 It's one of the few buy mode items included with the game. I expected more from this department. I actually expected a whole baker's themed kitchen for the price this store set is at. The cookie jar is so awesome and I put it everywhere now but other cool items could have been included: new chairs, a couple of baker's uniforms for your sims to wear, new counters, a new refrigerator, bakery themed wall art, rugs and so much more.

5. 1900 Simpoints. That's what you'll pay for all of this... Is this worth it? For 38 new recipes, a couple build and buy mode items, Baker's Bazaar Collection, Baker's Station and the actual venue. I think not. I LOVE the recipes, the venue, the premium content and the whole bakery theme but I don't love it enough to say it's worth it. 1900 simpoints is, once again, close to the price of a Sims 3 store world (add 100 more simpoints and you can get Hidden Springs). There's absolutely nothing wrong with any of the content, I just feel like more could have been included for the price they are asking...

MY RATING: 3/5 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts