WELCOME!

WELCOME TO AVERAGE SIM'S BLOG. Posts for simmers by a simmer. Enjoy my reviews, pictures and randomness.

Sunday 9 March 2014

Q&A REVIEW: Bohemian Garden






 The Bohemian Garden set was released as the monthly store release for March. It contains premium content in the form of eight new harvestables. That's right, EIGHT NEW HARVESTABLES! You can tell that I was pretty excited for this set because technically it's eight new premium content items and I loved the initial look and theme. This review will answer those questions you may have about this new spring-time themed set.

Is that a hanging chair I see? 

In essence, yes it is a hanging chair. One of the main features from this set is the Wonderfully Woven Hanging Chair. It's not new premium content because it has no new features and sims use it as a regular chair. In fact it doesn't even seem to be affected by the forces of gravity or the wind. It remains stationery even when sims sit on it. That means no swinging which is a little disappointing. What makes up for that disappointing fact is that it can be put anywhere and IT LOOKS FREAKIN' AWESOME! I can safely say this is the best chair in the game if there had to be a countdown of best chairs (not that anyone will ever do that, I hope...).







 The absolute best thing about this chair  and the Patchwork Pouf beanbag-type seat (also included)  is that it causes sims to cross their legs when they sit down! Now sims look more natural when they sit! Could this possibly be a foreshadowing of what's to come in Sims 4?





What other cool items are included with this set?



The One with Earth Garden Gazebo is also a pretty awesome item. There are endless possibilities for it's use: Bohemian Garden, Wedding, Place to put your plants under, Shade for your pool recliners etc. It looks beautiful everywhere and provides such a romantic setting for moonlit dinners. You could even place your hot tub under it. I've been very impressed lately with the attention to detail on some of the new store items. This is no exception. It's another beautiful piece of work by the store team.

The items included with this set are VERY FEW but they have all really impressed me.This is the first time I'm absolutely happy with all the items from a set.

What about CAS? 

Unlike the buy mode items, CAS items disappointed me because of one main reason: THERE ARE NO ITEMS FOR MALES! So males can't be bohemian too? I know there are additional bohemian sets on the store but I'd have really liked to see at least 1 outfit for males. The female clothing impressed me a lot. It's a pity there were no male counterparts to some of these outfits.




My fav item! The designs are so cool. 



REALLY REALLY REALLY impressed that they added shoes with this set! Shoes almost never come with sets! 

What new harvestables are included?




  • Strawberries
  • Raspberries
  • Blueberries
  • Blackberries (I know, a lot of berries right!)  
  • Cocoa Beans (AWESOME!) 
  • Peacan Nuts 
  • PEARS 
  • PEACHES
This is truly amazing. EIGHT NEW HARVESTABLES in a single set. I can't emphasize that enough!I love the fact that main fruits like pears and peaches are included. This set is heaven if you love the gardening skill and even if you don't it's pretty awesome to have the addition of so many new harvestables. Whole store worlds don't even come with so many. Standing ovation to the store team for this one. The addition of flowers similar to those in sims 2 and 1 was  also pretty creative. 

So far I've had nothing really bad to say about this set until we get to this question... 

What's the price of the Bohemian Garden set? 

It costs 400 simpoints for the Fruit and Nuts harvestables only BUT this is not available for individual sale yet! Let's first talk about this price. It's very reasonable in my opinion. Eight harvestables is quite a lot. I was only expecting 1 or 2 initially so this blew me away.  

The price of the entire set (premium content and other items mentioned above) is 1700 simpoints (1450 on sale). Doing some math, the other items minus the premium content items comes to 1300 simpoints (regular price. It's 1050 sale price). That's pretty ridiculous for a gazebo, a hanging chair, a few CAS items (none for males), a bean-bag type chair, a couple of lights and decorative flowers for outside. I wish they would have rather sold the premium content separately from the beginning instead of making us wait for months and having to spend money on items you may not even want. Having said that, I still don't regret purchasing the set because of the amazing detail of the items and the theme that is awesome to me. It depends on your preference. If you love the items then buy it. If you only want the harvestables then rather wait until it's available for individual purchase. You will be saving a lot of simpoints! 



Overall Review? 

I liked the theme and the items a lot. I LOVED the new premium content and had a lot of fun playing and reviewing this set because it was aesthetically pleasing, very well designed and a really great idea. I hope sets like this come out in the future. Maybe I'm just a sucker for this theme because I loved the other bohemian sets as well?  The price takes away what could have been a five star rating. 

OVERALL RATING: 4.5/5 

This is definitely a set I would recommend. Congratulations store team! :) Feels so good to give a positive review for a change! 




















No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts