WELCOME!

WELCOME TO AVERAGE SIM'S BLOG. Posts for simmers by a simmer. Enjoy my reviews, pictures and randomness.

Sunday 29 June 2014

World of Wonder Review!

Another month, another Sims 3 store set. This one slightly under the radar due to the buzz being directed at the Sims 4 E3 appearance around the same time as release of this set. This is the 2014 June store release and is a venue in the carnival/circus/fun fair theme which is not a new idea in the series.



Note: I have decided to exclude price/simpoints as a factor in my reviews. I will mention it (sometimes) but it will no longer affect rating and review of the content. There's just no winning with the cost of store content for the remainder of Sims 3 and going into Sims 4 it will always be overpriced.

Here are some points to note about the venue.... 

  •  The whole venue itself. The size. The layout. The detail. Perfection. The lot loaded very quickly despite the size and the amount of objects on it. It kind of reminded me of something out of Sims: Makin' Magic because of the simplicity and excited feeling I got just from looking at it. 





 Hugely impressed by the colour and certain objects like this awesome (yet very creepy) clown fountain.



  • The premium content is to die for. I love all THREE premium content items. The Carousel, The Whack-A-Set and the Popcorn/Cotton candy maker. Technically there are FOUR PC items because to me a popcorn maker and cotton-candy maker are 2 different objects... 

I loved the popcorn maker from the previous Sims series. Very happy to see it make a return in this series. Now we can really build those extravagant home theatres (along with items from Cinema Le Plumbob venue) .



The Cotton Candy Maker is, well, very entertaining and I'm glad there's some humor with the way the Sims eat the cotton candy.




 With these two new food items I will be satisfied for a while. Add the ice cream maker, snow cone machine (from Seasons) , festival food stands (also from Seasons) and the vending machines (from University) and you have a real junk food fest going on.

The Carousel is amazing! Initially I thought: why would a sim sitting on a plastic horse spinning round and round amuse me? But it did! I love the animations the sim has when using the carousel. Young and old can use it and it will entertain you more than it does the sims.


Sims seem to have such a blast using this. 
 The Whack-A-Set is pretty cool as well. It's not very original and I'd have liked there to be more to this item such as funnier animations. It's not a bad PC item but compared to the other 2 items (popcorn maker/cotton candy maker and carousel) it's weak.

There are 3 different styles in this item. You can whack clowns, evil chickens or corn dogs (my fav is the corn dog one)





The clown is evidently evil. This re-awakened my childhood evil clown fears...




  • Let me make mention of some of the items included in this set that were special. 
The balloons: So many balloons included in so many sets in Sims 3. But I love them. I love these especially. They look kind of real. 


The wagon : It's just a normal dresser like any other in the Sims series but can be used as a decor item in so many ways such as using it for your magician or acrobat sim. I like the attention to detail on this and I love the fact that Monte Vista is painted on the side. 


The new radio: This is so awesome. Finally they make a radio/stereo that is as cool as the jukebox included with Showtime. I'm really also very impressed with the detail and they way the theme is carried out in this item. 


  • The big top tent pieces: I didn't really enjoy this. Many did. I found it rather difficult to manipulate the pieces and it feels very limited when you try to design your own big top tent.I also found it very inconvenient when playing inside the tent because you have no option to put the walls down and the walls get in the way when you try to view your sim inside the tent. 

  • Another thing is that there's not a thing more to mention!  Once you've played with all the PC items and seen the venue there's not much else. I guess if you're really into this theme then you will be playing it non-stop but if not then it's a complete waste to purchase the entire set. If you're very interested in the PC items then you could wait until they go for individual sale which could be soon since Sims 4 is coming out. 
A good use for this set is that I've finally figured out a use for another seemingly useless set... 




Yes this is a really well designed set. A very well set out venue. Very cool PC items and some other note-worthy items but I don't see myself continuing to use this set in my normal gameplay. My advice: rather wait until the premium content and other items are available for individual sale.This set has provided me with some laughs though so for that it gets a 3/5 RATING. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts