WELCOME!

WELCOME TO AVERAGE SIM'S BLOG. Posts for simmers by a simmer. Enjoy my reviews, pictures and randomness.

Monday 11 November 2013

Mini Review of Grandpa's Grove


Hey Simmers,

Another store venue in the farming theme. Some will sigh and some will jump for joy. I give a mini review of the store venue highlighting the good and bad points. Enjoy!


THE GOOD:

  • It is a stunning venue. Well designed and easy to just move your sims into. I love how it looks. I have many gardener sims so it is great to have a lot with the space to garden to your heart's content.






  • The whole lot including the objects are incredibly detailed. The rooms are spacious and well-furnished. I only had to make minor changes and usually I end up refurbishing the entire place but this time I didn't. I liked the look. 

     (the dining set is from the Live, Laugh, Love set)



  • The premium content, The Tractor, is quite cool. Harvesting, fertilizing and watering crops are made very easy. It makes bigger gardens very easy to take care of. Kids can also go along for the ride. 








  • The clothing items are really neat. They stick to the theme and there are many for kids. 



  • And the best part of the set: ORANGES! I am excited for this. I haven't had a harvest as yet because its winter in my sims game. This is a cool feature to add to the game because, as I said before, I always have gardener sims. I can't believe we never had them initially. 
THE BAD: 
  • The fact that the tractor didn't go around the entire lot initially. It turns out all you need to do is change the direction of the t-shaped track pieces near the fountain bu clicking on them to look like this but this is inconvenient and it should have been working in the first place. 



  • The price: 1700 simpoints (sale price)! Ridiculous as usual but its become so normal that I don't even produce a reaction to the prices. 
  • The overdone farming theme. The 3rd store set in this theme. Somebody on the store team is clearly obsessed with it. I feel like they could have included all 3 sets in a stuff pack and called it "Farming Stuff". It would have cost us less. I don't mind the theme but I feel that the series is lacking so many things like a theme park theme or more open for business stuff. 
  • The fact that there's no space for other content that could go so well with this set. Like the Swiftgrow gardening station (one of my fav items) or the Dairy Corral. There is space for the Dairy Corral if you put it in but my sims couldn't seem to get to it. 


OVERALL RATING: 2.5/5
The venue includes enough content to entertain. Credit to the store team for thinking of a completely original idea and making it so detailed. The fact that the tractor doesn't go around the whole lot initially, the price and the tired farming theme are the reasons I did not rate this venue very high. 





1 comment:

  1. How disappointing that the dairy corral doesn't fit! I don't have it yet, only Grandpa's Grove, which I actually haven't tried out, but I had imagined waiting until I could get the chickens and cows before playing with it. Darn.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts