WELCOME!

WELCOME TO AVERAGE SIM'S BLOG. Posts for simmers by a simmer. Enjoy my reviews, pictures and randomness.

Friday 13 December 2013

ROARING HEIGHTS: First Impressions


Roaring Heights was released on 12/12/13 on the Sims 3 store and its release was met with much excitement. In this post I give you my thoughts on Roaring Heights having played the game for only a short while. A review of the world and the Boardwalk Venue will follow. This is just to showcase the world and give you an idea of what this new 20's inspired city has in store.


Overview: 

I cannot even begin to describe this world's beauty. To give you an idea I took 122 screens of the scenery in an hour. The world is a combination of a tropical island paradise, a retro suburb and a bustling city. The map of the world is very large and spans across the inner city, the quiet suburban-like streets and the scenic beachfront. 

The surprisingly wide-spread map. This is really a big world. 

The beautiful landscape and amazing houses in the quieter part of town. 

The spectacular beachfront. 

The inner city with beautiful skyscrapers and high-rise looking buildings. 

The Classically Cool Fixer-Upper Car. 

The premium content is a fan favourite from the Sims 2. The Classically Cool Fixer-Upper Car includes the ability for your sims to fix up the car for one hour at a time to create their perfect ride. Your sims will then be able to makeout, woohoo and open and close car doors instead of magically teleporting into the car. The car already has the ability to play music. 



Things that impressed me: 

  • The beachfront. I never expected such a detailed and large beachfront. When EA announced Roaring Heights they mentioned it was a city world and I expected just that. This world has a wonderful holiday town feel. The beaches are beautiful and even give the beaches in Isla Paradiso and Sunlit Tides a run for their money. 



  • The venues. The venues are superbly detailed and beat some of the bars and lounges seen in Bridgeport. With the addition of professional bars and even some premium content, like the Industrial Kitchen Set, these could be the best venues in the game. There are so many venues (beach cafes, bars, hangouts and two art galleries plus the addition of the Boardwalk venue). Your sim will clearly not be bored in this city. 







  • The whole 1920's theme. Retro is amazing to me. The theme is carried into everything and almost every detail of the city is to the theme. The whole look of it is classy. Roaring Heights also presents a golden oppourtunity to use the items from the Jazz wear and Lounge sets as well as from New Orleans Inspired and other related sets. The clothing and hairstyles impressed me very much. 




  • The game performance. My game runs on low graphics settings and even with that Bridgeport is so slow that it's nearly impossible to play in. Roaring Heights looks amazing and is super fast. Perhaps this is due to the patch. 

  • The beauty of the world itself. Need I say more about this? 




Things that didn't impress me: 
  • ABSOLUTELY NOTHING about the world itself. The things that annoyed me were things like problems downloading the patch and the actual world and the fact that I had to wait long for the world to show in my purchase history to be ready for download and also the frequent CAS crashes. Roaring Heights is perfect and my impression of it didn't change because of these small irritations. 
I truly enjoyed the small amount of time I spent looking at this truly wonderful world. Congratulations go to the store world team on an amazing job. When I've fully played and seen nearly every part of it I will give a full review. Until then happy simming! Enjoy Roaring Heights if you've got it and if you haven't I definitely recommend that you get it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts