WELCOME!

WELCOME TO AVERAGE SIM'S BLOG. Posts for simmers by a simmer. Enjoy my reviews, pictures and randomness.

Tuesday 26 November 2013

Roaring for a New World : Information and Thoughts on Upcoming World, Roaring Heights.

Roaring Heights, a forthcoming Sims 3 world, has officially been announced by EA following hints from Simgurus Copeland and Sparkle. The world was generally met with much excitement from the simming community as we have been begging and pleading for another city world.

Introducing the beautiful Roaring Heights, an early 20th Century style Sims 3 world: 



Need to know info: 

  • Releasing on 12/12/2013 on the Sims 3 Store. 
  • Will be available in Gold and Standard Edition. 
  • Can only be purchased via simpoint bundle which includes 1900 simpoints (Gold Edition)  to spend on anything really but the Boardwalk venue is recommended (it is 1900 simpoints). The Standard Edition comes with only 100 simpoints. 
  • The Gold Edition also includes the Boardwalk Attire. 
  • PREMIUM CONTENT: Classically Cool Fixer-Upper Car which brings back car woohoo and sims use car doors. 
  • The Boardwalk Venue will include Premium Content: roller coasters! 


The first hint, a limerick, from SimGuru Sparkle on twitter:




The first hints I got from this were "city" and "vintage" which already gave me an idea. I googled "bees knees" and discovered that the saying originated from early 20th century America which definitely gave me a mental image of the world.

20th Century America: 

(from theamazingpage.com)

Roaring Heights: 


A little different from the above picture but it looks so much better and similarities can be seen between the buildings of the two pictures.


The teaser from SimGuru Copeland (aka the image that made simmers all over jump for joy!)


Then came many more teasers: 








 And finally the official page for Roaring Heights: 




Included Items: 






Backstory: The Capps are back!


Recommended content that will go with this world: 



OFFICIAL SCREENS: 




Thoughts on The World: 

My first thought was "NO DOUBT I AM GETTING THIS WORLD". We have been wanting a new city world for so long now. We're tired of the gloomy, farming or suburban style towns. We want a city other than Bridgeport and are finally getting it. The amount of items that come with the world is incredible. The gold edition is very pricey but I am willing to spend money on quality store content that will entertain. I hope the content does not let us down and I sincerely hope this is bug-free. The theme may not be for everyone but it definitely is for me. The recommended sets simply not enough, Roaring Heights will go with any retro themed sims 3 content. I also love the fact that the world is situated seaside.  I know I am going to have a hard time containing my excitement before the release.

Predicted Rating I will give the world: 4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts