WELCOME!

WELCOME TO AVERAGE SIM'S BLOG. Posts for simmers by a simmer. Enjoy my reviews, pictures and randomness.

Sunday 29 December 2013

ROARING HEIGHTS REVIEW!

I got Roaring Heights the minute it came out. I started a review that very same night but  felt like I didn't do it justice because I had only played for a few hours. One vacation and a couple of very lazy days later and I finally completed the review. This is Roaring Heights, the 11th Sims 3 Store world. Released on 12 December 2013, it was an early Christmas gift that simmers gave themselves.

Roaring Heights at night! What a sight!

The world is fairly large and spans across beaches, suburban-like areas and an impressive city centre. 

The mapview while fireworks are going off. 
A lighthouse near the beach area. 

The city is beautiful by day. Actually it's beautiful at any time. 

The river/lagoon type area

Roaring Heights comes with apartment buildings, skyscrapers and impressive community lots! 

The theatre (notice the sim named Shirley Templeton who is in this pic. ) 

One of the hangout spots near the beach. 

The festival lot!
When it comes to overall beauty and design, Roaring Heights is the king of all worlds. Everything is exquisitely detailed and sticks to the theme right through. Each and every sim living in Roaring Heights is well thought out and all of them have character. The city is vibrant during the day and night. The only danger with such beauty and detail is that it distracts from the actual gameplay. I completely forgot about my sims,  their lifetime wishes and even their needs due to panning the camera around the world to take screenshots. 

One of many impressive starter homes. 

The incredible attention to detail. 

One of the beachfront cafes. 

From this screen it looks like part of Isla Paradiso!

Seagulls! 



For the first time I feel as if the world may be worth the ridiculous amount being asked for it. At first I was about the criticize the price but I actually put the price into perspective. This world could be an expansion on its own and I'm sure many would enjoy it. 

Premium Content: The fixer-upper car



Working on the car engine. 

It's exactly as the name says: a car you have to fix-up and trust me it takes a long time. Your sims can work on the car body or the car engine, they both have the same result.

Working on the car body. 

Almost there!

The look of satisfaction your sim (and maybe you) has once it is complete. 

The final product. 

Sims can now open and close car doors. 

Look at that face while revving the car. 


Taking the finished product out on a spin through the town. 

This premium content is nice if you've really wanted the ability to open car doors and do all the things cars in Sims 2 could do. The only thing that I don't like is that your sim has to fix it up in order to use all these new features and it takes so long but I suppose that's the point. Cars with features such as opening doors should have been included with the base game.

Cuddling in the car. The car also includes the ability to makeout and woohoo. Sims can also watch stars from the car. 

AWESOME reference to Titanic while woohooing. 

The 20s Theme... I can't help but sing "All that Jazz" from Chicago to myself while playing in this world and seeing the 20s themed buildings, objects and especially clothing. The clothing and hairstyles are spectacular!  I may be biased on this view because I LOVE RETRO!




















The objects included in the game are few but fit in extremely well with the theme and are very well designed and detailed...



All new items that come with Roaring Heights...





The stand-out items for me are the bookshelves, neon lights and wall art. 




OVERALL RATING: 4.5/5

Roaring Heights is a perfect world in many senses. I LOVE the 20s theme and the additional gameplay it brings. Compared to expansion pack worlds, this one beats all of them even the beautiful Isla Paradiso and the very impressive Bridgeport because it seems like a combination of the two. Rating this world was quite challenging and to do so I asked myself the question "Does this beat Lucky Palms?" because I am obsessed with Lucky Palms. The answer was no but it comes in a very close 2nd place...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts