WELCOME!

WELCOME TO AVERAGE SIM'S BLOG. Posts for simmers by a simmer. Enjoy my reviews, pictures and randomness.

Friday 25 October 2013

Using Twallan's Traveler Mod

Hey Simmers,

This is just a short blog post on how to use the amazing (in my opinion) Twallan's Traveler mod especially if you're new to mods or are kind of scared to use them (like I was at first). Here are the instructions to get this mod:


Installing the Mod

1. Go to Installing Package Files to make sure you know how to use mods and install package files. I needed to refer to this about a million times when I first installed mods.

2. Download Twallan's Traveler Mod at http://nraas.wikispaces.com/Traveler follow the instructions carefully. Before downloading you need to select which patch your game is at (this is important) and you need to have University and World Adventures or just World Adventures installed for this to work 100%.

3. Unzip the file and place in  Documents/EA/Sims 3/Mods/Packages. Start Sims 3 and enjoy. Note: it only works after you save your game for the first time after installing the mod. Refer any problems or issues to http://nraas.wikispaces.com




Using the Mod

When your sims want to travel all they need to do is pick up their phone, click on Real Estate and Travel Services and then Travel as you would normally do when going to a normal World Adventures destination except your sim can travel to any world and your sim is automatically at visa level 3 for every world except those from world adventures. The mod also includes the feature to make a world adventures world your home. Ever wanted to live in Al Simhara (I sure do) then go ahead! I haven't tested this out yet though because I like the normal worlds because they already have all the work places, schools etc.

My sims went to Sunlit Tides after they graduated from High School and aged up to adults. Here in South Africa we have a thing known as Matric Vac where all Grade 12s go away without parents to Durban. Kind of like America's spring break. So after graduating my sims went on "vac".

HOLIDAY PICS!








 The mod gave me no problems (they never do). Always check for updates to mods as they need to be updated when a new expansion comes out otherwise they tend to not work. Hope you enjoyed my post. Until later!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts